I’m Jianne Carlo and I’ll be your host for this HOT— yeah, I’m being snarky—contest. If you have any questions, drop me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or leave a comment below. Let’s hit the contest ground running!
Summer’s hot and the kitchen’s hotter, so the Nice Girls are looking for great recipes to cool us (and YOU!) down this summer. Our contest runs from AUGUST 4TH – 17TH. We’re posting daily featured recipes on the blog from each of our Nice Girls, but we want you to participate.
Post your own cool-down recipes in the comment section of the featured post. The recipe can be for a drink, an appetizer, an entrée, or a yummy dessert. Each recipe you post enters you to win our GRAND PRIZE OF A $50 AMAZON GIFT CARD at the end of our contest. More recipes = more entries.
At the end of our contest, FOUR lucky readers will be chosen by the Nice Girls for second place prizes, one in each food category. So make your recipes delightful, readers, because we get to vote on the ones we like best. The recipe in each category with the most votes wins a $15.00 AMAZON GIFT CARD prize!
Now for today’s Featured Recipe: Peppermint Syrup from Nice Girl A. Catherine Noon
- 6 c loosely packed fresh peppermint leaves
- honey or sugar (see directions, below, for quantity)
- Cover the peppermint leaves with water (just put enough water to cover them) using a non-metal saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes, being careful not to let them boil heavily.
- Strain for 1 hour through layers of cheesecloth. Discard peppermint leaves (they’re great for your compost).
- Add 1 cup of sugar or honey for each cup of liquid.
- Return to saucepan and simmer for 15 more minutes, until sweetener dissolves.
- Use in tea. Add a tablespoon of syrup to a mug, pour boiling water.
- Use over vanilla or chocolate ice cream as a dessert.
- Use as a topping for chocolate cake.
Readers, don’t forget to post your favorite recipes in the comments section, now through AUGUST 17TH, for a chance to win our Grand Prize of a $50 Amazon gift card or one of Four $15.00 AMAZON GIFT CARD Prizes! Winners will be announced August 21st!
A. Catherine Noon
The Nice Girls Writing Naughty