I’m Jianne Carlo and I’ll be your host for this HOT— yeah, I’m being snarky—contest. If you have any questions, drop me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or leave a comment below. Let’s hit the contest ground running!
Summer’s hot and the kitchen’s hotter, so the Nice Girls are looking for great recipes to cool us (and YOU!) down this summer. Our contest runs from AUGUST 4TH – 17TH. We’re posting daily featured recipes on the blog from each of our Nice Girls, but we want you to participate.
Post your own cool-down recipes in the comment section of the featured post. The recipe can be for a drink, an appetizer, an entrée, or a yummy dessert. Each recipe you post enters you to win our GRAND PRIZE OF A $50 AMAZON GIFT CARD at the end of our contest. More recipes = more entries.
At the end of our contest, FOUR lucky readers will be chosen by the Nice Girls for second place prizes, one in each food category. So make your recipes delightful, readers, because we get to vote on the ones we like best. The recipe in each category with the most votes wins an AMAZON GIFT CARD prize!
Now for today’s Featured Recipe:
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Soften the margarine in a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and cream together (yes, that sounds naughty, doesn’t it?) until the mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Stir in the salt, baking soda and vanilla.
- Add the eggs.
- Beat the mixture until the mixture is shiny and satiny.
- Stir in the whole wheat flour.
- Add the chocolate chip, stirring until they’re evenly distributed.
- Drop spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 11 to 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before moving the cookies to a clean dish towel.
- This recipes makes about 3 dozen, depending on how much raw cookie dough you eat (grins) and how monstrously large you make your cookies.
I’m Cynthia Sax and I’m baking-impaired. If I can make these cookies, you can also.
Readers, don’t forget to post your favorite recipes in the comments section, now through AUGUST 17TH, for a chance to win our Grand Prize of a $50 Amazon gift card or one of Four $15 AMAZON GIFT CARD Prizes! Winners will be announced August 21st!
The Nice Girls Writing Naughty