I’m Jianne Carlo and I’ll be your host for this HOT— yeah, I’m being snarky—contest. If you have any questions, drop me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or leave a comment below. Let’s hit the contest ground running!
Summer’s hot and the kitchen’s hotter, so the Nice Girls are looking for great recipes to cool us (and YOU!) down this summer. Our contest runs from AUGUST 4TH – 17TH. We’re posting daily featured recipes on the blog from each of our Nice Girls, but we want you to participate.
Post your own cool-down recipes in the comment section of the featured post. The recipe can be for a drink, an appetizer, an entrée, or a yummy dessert. Each recipe you post enters you to win our GRAND PRIZE OF A $50 AMAZON GIFT CARD at the end of our contest. More recipes = more entries.
At the end of our contest, FOUR lucky readers will be chosen by the Nice Girls for second place prizes, one in each food category. So make your recipes delightful, readers, because we get to vote on the ones we like best. The recipe in each category with the most votes wins an AMAZON GIFT CARD prize!
Now for today’s Featured Recipe:
This is one of my faves for easy entertaining on a breezy back porch. You can put this together in minutes. It’s best enjoyed with a chilled Monkey Bay Sauvignon Blanc or Prosecco. Kind of decadent and delish and made for lingering and conversing.
- ½ cup Cream Cheese
- Bunch of basil cut into thin chiffon strips – reserve a few whole leaves for serving
- Salt – pinch
- Fresh ground black pepper – pinch
- Garlic powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Grated lemon rind – 1/4 teaspoon
- Worchester sauce to taste
- Tabasco to taste
- Dates – I average 3 per person and this recipe serves 6
- 9 slices of bacon cut in two (half a slice per date)
- Place the oven on low broil.
- Mix the first seven ingredients thoroughly.
- Precook the bacon in the microwave to just below crisp.
- Place a dollop of the cream cheese on each date.
- Wrap the date/cream cheese mixture in a half-slice of bacon.
- Spray a cookie sheet with PAM.
- Arrange the wrapped dates on the cookie sheet.
- Broil for 2-5 minutes – watch carefully – until bacon crisps and cheese begins to melt.
- Toothpick the cooked dates, sprinkle the reserved basil leaves on the plate, and serve immediately.
Readers, don’t forget to post your favorite recipes in the comments section, now through AUGUST 17TH, for a chance to win our Grand Prize of a $50 Amazon gift card or one of Four AMAZON GIFT CARD Prizes! Winners will be announced August 21st!
The Nice Girls Writing Naughty